Fry panned pork chops, oven roasted vegetables — all topped with freshly made green apple sauce. Mmmh! Sounds delicious? It is delicious, according to my nieces when they visited the cooler climates of The Atherton Tablelands. Another easy family favourite to prep and throw together with lots of nutritional value.
Depending on your family size and how big an eater they are, allow 2-3 of each veggie for each child and 3-4 for each adult. Also one chop per child or two per adult, especially if serving garlic bread and dessert to follow.
- pork chops
- sweet potatoes
- Prep your favourite vegetables to your preference (peeled or not)
- Place on Gladbake and cook on 180C for about 20min
- Then 160C for another 1/2hr. Monitor it.
- While veggies are cooking during last 1/2hr, cook apple sauce and then pan fry pork chops.
- 4-6 green apples
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Peel and chop green apples.
- Place in saucepan with 1/4 cup water on medium heat until apples soften.
- Stir occasionally.
- Turn to low to let it soften apple more.
- Add more water if needed.
This is one of the kid’s plates, also features on the main page. They were chomping at the bit for me to hurry up and photograph it so they could tuck in. There wasn’t much left, other than the pork chop bone. The four girls gave it a 10/10 for deliciousness!