Audrey Hepburn exuded a sophistication, class and elegance which has been reserved for the era of legendary movie stars.
When I grew up, I recall having watched My Fair Lady several times. Also Gigi and Breakfast at Tiffany’s. She has had quite a collection of movies, but My Fair Lady has always stuck with me. Her transformation; as a poor flower girl selling her wares on the street, to indeed a fair lady, in the movie, mesmerised me as a young girl growing. I found these photo-framed quotes — when overseas and other quotes which I enjoyed.
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says: ‘I’m possible’!
- True friends are families which you can select.
- To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
- I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.
- Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
- Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember, you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.
Found in a Stairwell
I photographed these framed quotes and photographs in a stairwell; similar to an emergency stairway, of a building while I was overseas many years ago. I felt a little sad that they were hidden away, but then I thought perhaps if people had to use the stairway it would take their mind off things.
B&W Collection of Legendary Female Movie Stars
I am quite surprised at what can be found on Pinterest. I found some photos and quotes for my wall. I will continue to add to my collection as I find some of my favourite legendary movie stars.
I used to have a big black and white 300 page book, with a collection of legendary classic female movie stars. It had close ups and fashion of their era. I loved that book, but somehow it has long disappeared into the ether.
However, with Pinterest, I am able to build up my collection again so I can enjoy that classy era of elegant movie stars once more.